If you're a senior graduating in Spring 2013 from an accredited San Diego County high school, you could be one of 40 students awarded a laptop from the MTS & Coca-Cola Laptop Scholarship! The 40 students from around San Diego with the top essays will be awarded a laptop computer and commemorative certificate.
This year's essay question:
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) is “Movin’ & Groovin’” to the tune of transit! MTS used the universal language of music to create transit tunes to encourage the community to ride the bus and Trolley.
Write a 1,000 word essay on other creative methods and tools MTS can use to inspire the community to take public transit.
Please fill out an application form and attach it to your essay.
Essay postmark deadline is
Friday, April 12, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Apply early and you could win an iPad or Regional Monthly Pass! Early application deadline is 5 p.m., Friday, March 15, 2013.
The MTS & Coca-Cola scholarship program is presented by the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS), Coca-Cola Refreshments of San Diego and San Diego County Office of Education.
Application forms are also available at:
• The Transit Store at 102 Broadway in Downtown San Diego
• San Diego County Office of Education
• Online Application
1. Entrants must reside in San Diego County, be in 12th grade, be enrolled in an accredited San Diego County high school and graduating in Spring 2013.
2. Essay must be at least 1,000 words and typed in 12-point type.
3. One entry per student.
4. Entries must be the sole work of the entrant. A student's signature on the application form is required for verification.
5. Entries must be accompanied by a completed application form stapled to the front of the essay.
6. Entries must be mailed and postmarked by April 12, 2013 at 5 p.m. Mail or deliver in person to:
Metropolitan Transit System
2013 Laptop Scholarship
1255 Imperial Avenue, Suite 1000
San Diego, CA 92101-7490
7. Finalists will be notified by e-mail and phone by May 3, 2013. Decisions of the judges are final.
8. Entries will not be returned to entrants.
1. Other than the information submitted on the scholarship application, no additional information will be collected from scholarship web site visitors.
2. Information submitted on the scholarship application is used to contact essay finalists and non-finalists.
3. Students will not be automatically enrolled to receive extraneous e-mails and/or solicitations of any sort, will not be added to any distribution lists and will only be contacted to let them know they are a finalist or a non-finalist.
4. By signing the application, the student agrees to authorize MTS to release their name and address if they are selected as a scholarship winner. Their contact information may be given to MTS Board Members or local, state or federal elected officials, so that they may receive individual recognition for their achievements.