Trolley Renewal is a $660 million project to rebuild the Orange and Blue Lines. Low-floor Trolleys are now operating on our entire Trolley network, making trips faster, more comfortable and more convenient for all passengers.
With the low-floor Trolleys in operation, wheelchair lifts are no longer used. Instead, riders who are in wheelchairs or have a mobility impairment may deploy a ramp from either of the two center doors on a low-floor car.
Major renovation of 11 Blue Line Stations has been completed! Paver work at the San Ysidro Transit Center will resume in Fall 2015. Work includes new station platforms, next-arrival electronic signs, shelters, track, switches, overhead electric wire and more.
Other ways to stay in the loop:
- Trolley Renewal Hotline: 619.557.4533
- Trolley Renewal Email List
- Text STATIONS to GOMTS (46687) to receive construction update texts
- Reply STOP STATIONS to unsubscribe
Fall 2015 Construction Updates
Thank you to riders for your patience during the Trolley Renewal Project! MTS and SANDAG invited members of the community to celebrate the completion of the project at a free community event on Saturday, September 12, 2015. While all major construction, station renovations and parking lot upgrades have been completed, rail work and track maintenance may intermittently occur. More information and construction updates
- Parking has been fully restored at all Blue Line Stations!
- Night and Weekend Work: The South Line portion of the San Diego & Arizona Eastern (SD&AE) Railway provides an essential connection for the region’s freight operations between the U.S.-Mexico border at San Ysidro, the Port of San Diego, and Downtown San Diego
- San Ysidro Transit Center Renovation: The station will remain open during construction, however portions of the platform will be closed through December 2015. Passengers will be detoured around the construction area to access the Trolley.
- Crews will be adding new pavers to the platforms.
- Work hours are 7am-4pm, Monday to Friday. Some weekend work may occur.
- Local businesses and pedestrian walkways outside of the station will remain open and accessible.
- Noise and dust is anticipated during construction.
- The schedule may change with very little notice.
- Once complete, passengers will experience a safer, more efficient, and more comfortable boarding experience.