We want all our passengers to arrive safely at their destinations. Please follow these tips when boarding, riding, and exiting to help ensure everyone has a safe trip.
Boarding the Bus
- Wait at the bus stop on the sidewalk, away from the curb.
- Do not hail a bus from any location other than a designated bus stop.
- Never run after a bus or along the side.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop and open the front doors before approaching the bus. Some doors swing out to open so please stand back.
- Before boarding, allow all passengers to exit. This gives everyone room to safely move through the aisles.
- Watch your step as you board and use the handrails if necessary.
- If you need the assistance of the kneeler or wheelchair ramp please let the driver know.
- If you need to use the bike rack, inform the driver before stepping off the curb in front of the bus. After using the bike rack, please watch your head from hitting the side mirror when returning to the curb.
- Stand behind the yellow line and take a seat as soon as possible.
- The bus may leave the stop before everyone is seated. If you require more time to find a seat or have a mobility issue, ask the driver to wait until you are seated.
- If traveling with a baby stroller, please remove your child from the stroller and fold the stroller out of the aisle before the bus goes in motion.
- Always hold on and keep your feet on the ground as the bus changes speed and direction frequently.
- Do not leave your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Do not stand or sit in the stairwell or doorways.
- If a seat is available, please use it.
- Sit all the way back in your seat.
- Please stay awake and avoid sleeping.
- Please do not talk to the driver while the bus is in motion. If you have a question, ask while the bus is stopped at a bus stop.
- Keep the aisles clear of personnel items and follow the MTS cargo policy to ensure there’s room for passengers to ride safely.
Exiting the Bus
- Pull the request cord before the bus approaches your desired stop.
- Do not leave your seat before the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Allow passengers ahead of you to exit first.
- Use the handrails.
- Watch your step and look both ways before exiting.
- Step away from the bus as soon as possible and do not walk or run along the side of it.
- If you need to retrieve your bike from the bike rack exit through the front doors and inform the driver before exiting.
- Wait for the bus to pull away from the curb before crossing the street.