Here are some tips for staying safe while at the stop or station or when you’re onboard.
Be aware of your surroundings!
- Watch out for people who take more than a passing interest in you or your belongings
- Look both ways before crossing the tracks or the street
- Don’t let your headphones keep you from hearing horns, sirens or important announcements
- Trains and Trolleys always have the right away on the tracks, so look both ways and wait for it to pass before crossing
Keep your valuables secure!
- Hold onto any purses, backpacks or bags to avoid theft
- Keep small and valuable items securely hidden when possible
- Be aware cell phones and handheld electronics are popular theft items
- Allow passengers to exit the bus or Trolley before you board
- Reserve the designated seats at the front for senior or disabled passengers
- Don’t put your feet on any seating surface
- Keep yourself and your belongings in one seat