San Diego – The San Diego State Aztecs will kick off their highly anticipated football season against the Ohio University Bobcats at Snapdragon Stadium this Saturday, August 26th and MTS has direct Trolley service to the big game! To accommodate the large crowds, MTS will increase service, and encourages those attending to use the Trolley to ensure a hassle and traffic-free experience.
Getting to Aztecs vs Bobcats - Saturday, August 26 at 4:00 p.m.
Fans can access Snapdragon Stadium via the Stadium Station located directly on stadium grounds.
- Green Line: In addition to regular service on the Green Line (with arrivals at :07, :22, :37, and :52 after the hour eastbound and westbound), a shuttle from SDSU to Stadium Station will be in operation from 12:55pm to 4:10 p.m. every 15 minutes or better.
- The UC San Diego Blue Line and Orange Line will have regular Saturday service.
- Green Line: In addition to 15-minute regular service (with arrivals at :07, :22, :37, and :52 after the hour eastbound and westbound), two service enhancements will be in operation:
- Shuttle trips from Stadium Station to SDSU. These trips will begin at 5:57pm and end when crowds clear.
- Three extra shuttles to provide eastbound or westbound service post-game.
- UC San Diego Blue Line and Orange Line will have regular Saturday service.
Important Game Day Tips:
In order to provide the best fan experience, attendees should follow these transit tips:
- Park & Ride: Fans are encouraged to utilize MTS’ free transit station parking to park their cars and hop on the Trolley. Parking lots are available along all three Trolley lines. Transfers from the Orange and UC San Diego Blue Line Trolleys to the Green Line can be made downtown at 12th & Imperial Transit Center or Santa Fe Depot.
- Get Your Fare Early: To avoid long ticket lines pre-and post-game, fans should download the PRONTO app or use a PRONTO card and load $5 in advance of the game to cover a round-trip Adult fare ($3 for seniors with Senior PRONTO card). Fans must tap or scan their Trolley passes at a station validator before boarding; fares will be checked at the Stadium pre- and post-game.
- Youth Ride Free: All youth 5 years old and under ride free all day any day. No pass required. Kids ages 6-18-year-old can ride MTS free with the Youth Opportunity Pass program (must have a valid Youth PRONTO card or Youth app account).
For additional service information, fans can visit MTS’ dedicated Snapdragon Stadium webpage.
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) operates more than 100 bus routes and three Trolley lines in 10 cities and unincorporated areas of San Diego. MTS is a leader in advancing initiatives to create a greener, cleaner and better-connected transit system in San Diego. Each weekday more than 220,000 passenger trips are taken throughout the MTS system taking people to work, school, health appointments and other essential trips. In FY 2022, MTS served more than 57 million riders. For service schedule updates, news, alerts and more information on how you can use public transportation, go to www.sdmts.com.