Fans are encouraged to load cash on their PRONTO accounts prior to the game to skip crowds
San Diego - The San Diego State Aztecs will play host to the UNLV Rebels on Saturday, November 5 at Snapdragon Stadium, and the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) is boosting Trolley service to accommodate fans attending the game. To skip post-game lines and speed up boarding, MTS recommends loading cash on your PRONTO card or app before the game instead of buying one-way passes at station ticket machines.
Getting to the Game: The Trolley's Green Line drops fans off at the doorstep to the stadium. Trains will depart most Green Line stations every 15 minutes throughout the day, and MTS will increase the number of pre- and post-game trains. Kick-off will be at 4 p.m.
- Pre-game shuttle from SDSU to the Stadium Station, beginning at 12:55 p.m. Combined with the Green Line, this will result in service every 7.5 minutes between SDSU and the Stadium from 12:44 pm until kick-off.
- Post-game shuttle from the Stadium Station to SDSU will operate until the crowds have cleared. Combined with regular Green Line service, this will result in service every 7.5 minutes between the Stadium and SDSU.
- Extra trains will also be available immediately post-event to provide additional service.
To help expedite the boarding process, fans should download the PRONTO app in advance. Load at least $5 on your virtual card for game day, which covers a round-trip fare for Adult riders (every person needs their own PRONTO app or card, you cannot buy fares for multiple people on the same device).
If you have a PRONTO card, you can load your card in advance online at ridepronto.com.
Free Park & Ride Lots:
Fans are encouraged to use MTS' free park & ride lots throughout the Trolley system, then take the Green Line directly to the Stadium. View the full list of Park & Ride lots on the MTS website. The most convenient locations are:
- Hazard Center (1,500 free parking spots)
- Old Town Transit Center (400+ free parking spots)
- Grossmont Transit Center (220 free parking spots)
Discounts and Promotions:
- Discounted fares are available for senior riders ($1.25 one-way or $3 a day).
- Riders 18 and under with a registered Youth PRONTO card or app account can ride free with the Youth Opportunity Pass.
- Family Weekends: Up to two kids 12 and under can ride Trolley for free with any paying adult on Saturdays and Sundays (no PRONTO card needed).
SDSU Parking: In addition, SDSU will offer paid parking on the main campus for $20, which includes round-trip Trolley passes for up to four fans between the main SDSU campus and Stadium Station.
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) operates more than 100 bus routes and three Trolley lines in 10 cities and unincorporated areas of San Diego. MTS is a leader in advancing initiatives to create a greener, cleaner and better-connected transit system in San Diego. Each weekday nearly 200,000 passenger trips are taken throughout the MTS system taking people to work, school, health appointments and other essential trips. In FY 2022, MTS served more than 57 million riders. For service schedule updates, news, alerts and more information on how you can use public transportation, go to www.sdmts.com.