Dozens of free parking stations along Trolley lines will be available for thousands of event-goers.
San Diego- Garth Brooks is bringing his Stadium Tour to PETCO Park this Saturday, March 5, and the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) is recommending concert-goers use the Trolley to avoid traffic hassles and parking challenges. MTS will increase Trolley service to accommodate the large crowds. Saturday’s concert will be Brooks’ only concert on the West Coast, and around 50,000 people are expected to attend the sold-out concert.
Getting to the Event:
Take any Trolley line to 12th & Imperial Center (one block away from PETCO Park)
Take the Trolley’s Green Line to the Gaslamp Quarter Station (Fifth Avenue and Harbor Drive, one block away from PETCO Park)
Trolleys will depart all stations every 15 minutes or better most of the day
Post-Concert Trolley Service:
All three Trolley lines (Orange, Green and Blue) will offer extra service when the concert ends to help concert-goers get home quicker
Extra Trolley departures begin at 10:21 pm from 12th & Imperial heading to Santee
Frequency will be every 15 minutes after the concert with extra trips as needed. Last departure from the Gaslamp Quarter Station to Santee is 11:08 pm. Last departure from Gaslamp Quarter to SDSU is 11:38 p.m.
UC San Diego Blue Line:
- Additional service toward UTC will operate after the concert as needed.
- Take the UCSD Blue Line from 12th & Imperial to UTC or take the Green Line from Gaslamp Quarter (transfer at Old Town).
- BONUS! New Park & Ride lots are located at Nobel Drive, Balboa Avenue, and Tecolote road.
- Service toward San Ysidro:
Trolleys will depart every 15minutes toward Chula Vista and San Ysidro.
- Orange Line:
- Extra service toward El Cajon will operate after the concert as needed. Take the Orange Line from 12th & Imperial heading east.
- Buying Your Transit Fare: Use your phone as your Trolley pass with PRONTO or buy your fare at any ticket vending machine at Trolley stations
1-Day Passes are $6 for adults and $3 for seniors and youth, and include unlimited rides all day long.
Hassle Free Parking- Dozens of transit centers allow for plenty of free parking when taking the Trolley or bus to PETCO. See full list of lots and number of spaces available.
MTS operates 95 bus routes and three Trolley lines on 53 miles of double-tracked railway. Every weekday more than 300,000 passenger trips are taken on MTS bus and Trolley services in 10 cities and the county. In FY 2018, MTS served more than 86 million riders. For more information on how you can use public transportation and save money, go to www.sdmts.com.