San Diego – Two of the most popular soccer clubs in the world will face off in San Diego tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. at Snapdragon Stadium. Manchester United and Wrexham AFC will be playing before 35,000+ fans and MTS has direct service to Snapdragon Stadium via the Green Line Trolley.
Getting to Manchester United vs Wrexham AFC - Tuesday, July 25 at 7:30 p.m.
With an estimated sold-out crowd, MTS encourages those attending to use transit to ensure a hassle and traffic-free experience.
- All lines will be operating with normal operations. The Green Line Trolley will pick up fans at all stations every 15 minutes in both directions.
- Green Line: Trolleys will depart Stadium Station a minimum of every 15 minutes for an hour after the event, with additional shuttles available as needed until crowds diminish.
- The last trips will depart Stadium Station at 12:37 a.m. towards downtown and 11:07 p.m. towards Santee (with additional departures at 11:37 p.m. and 12:07 a.m. to SDSU)
- UC San Diego Blue and Orange lines: Trolleys will serve all stations every 30 minutes.
Important Game Day Tips:
In order to provide the best fan experience, attendees should follow these transit tips:
- Park & Ride: Fans are encouraged to utilize MTS’ free transit station parking to park their cars and hop on the Trolley. Parking lots are available along all three Trolley lines. Transfers from the Orange and UC San Diego Blue Line Trolleys to the Green Line can be made downtown at 12th & Imperial Transit Center or Santa Fe Depot.
- Get Your Fare Early: To avoid long ticket lines pre-and post-game, fans should download the PRONTO app or use a PRONTO card and load $5 in advance of the game to cover a round-trip Adult fare ($3 for seniors with Senior PRONTO card). Fans must tap or scan their Trolley passes at a station validator before boarding; fares will be checked at the Stadium pre- and post-game.
- Youth Ride Free: All youth 5 years old and under ride free all day any day. No pass required. Kids ages 6-18-year-old can ride MTS free with the Youth Opportunity Pass program (must have a valid Youth PRONTO card or Youth app account).
For additional service information, fans can visit www.sdmts.com.
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) operates more than 100 bus routes and three Trolley lines in 10 cities and unincorporated areas of San Diego. MTS is a leader in advancing initiatives to create a greener, cleaner and better-connected transit system in San Diego. Each weekday more than 220,000 passenger trips are taken throughout the MTS system taking people to work, school, health appointments and other essential trips. In FY 2022, MTS served more than 57 million riders. For service schedule updates, news, alerts and more information on how you can use public transportation, go to www.sdmts.com.