Take transit to Friday’s Aztecs home game and avoid traffic hassles
San Diego – The San Diego State Aztecs will take on the Boise State Broncos in a special Friday home game, and MTS takes fans right to the heart of the action. The Aztecs will kick-off at 7:30 p.m. and MTS in encouraging those attending to ride transit to avoid expensive parking rates and long waits exiting the stadium.
Getting to SDSU Aztecs vs Boise State Broncos - Friday, September 22 at 7:30 p.m.
Fans can access Snapdragon Stadium via the Green Line to the Stadium Station, located directly on stadium grounds. Please note: The elevator at Stadium Station is temporarily out of service, please use the ramp or stairs while the elevator is being repaired.
- Green Line: Extra service will be added both directions pre-game. Service will run every 7.5 minutes from SDSU to Stadium Station from 4:25pm to 7:40 p.m., and every 7.5 minutes from downtown between 6:05 p.m. and 6:50 p.m. (arriving at 6:43 p.m., 6:58 p.m. and 7:13 p.m.). Regular 15-minute service will run outside those hours.
- UC San Diego Blue and Orange lines will be on regular Friday schedules, running every 15 minutes or better.
- Green Line:
- Eastbound: Extra 7.5-minute service will run from the Stadium to SDSU (9:07 to 11:42 p.m.). The final trip to Santee departs the Stadium Station at 11:37 p.m., and to SDSU at 12:07 a.m.
- Westbound: 15-minute service from the stadium to downtown will run until 12:07 a.m. (with extra service added as-needed), with the final westbound trip departing the stadium at 12:37 a.m.
- UC San Diego Blue and Orange lines will have regular Friday service, with one additional northbound UC San Diego Blue Line trip extending to UTC at 12:01 a.m. (from Old Town). Fans destined for the Blue Line northbound, should leave Stadium Station by 11:30 p.m.
Important Game Day Tips:
In order to provide the best fan experience, attendees should follow these transit tips:
- Park & Ride: Fans are encouraged to utilize MTS’ free transit station parking to park their cars and hop on the Trolley. Parking lots are available along all three Trolley lines. Transfers from the Orange and UC San Diego Blue Line Trolleys to the Green Line can be made downtown at 12th & Imperial Transit Center or Santa Fe Depot.
- Get Your Fare Early: To avoid long ticket lines pre-and post-game, fans should download the PRONTO app or use a PRONTO card and load $5 in advance of the game to cover a round-trip Adult fare ($3 for seniors with Senior PRONTO card). Fans must tap or scan their Trolley passes at a station validator before boarding; fares will be checked at the Stadium pre- and post-game.
- Youth Ride Free: All youth 5 years old and under ride free all day any day (no pass required). Kids ages 6-18 years-old can ride MTS free with the Youth Opportunity Pass program (must have a valid Youth PRONTO card or Youth app account).
For additional service information, fans can visit MTS’ dedicated Snapdragon Stadium webpage.
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) operates more than 100 bus routes and three Trolley lines in 10 cities and unincorporated areas of San Diego County. MTS is a leader in advancing initiatives to create a greener, cleaner and better-connected transit system in San Diego. Each weekday more than 220,000 passenger trips are taken throughout the MTS system taking people to work, school, health appointments and other essential trips. In FY 2022, MTS served more than 57 million transit trips. For service schedule updates, news, alerts and more information on how you can use public transportation, go to www.sdmts.com .