Free Parking available at MTS Park & Ride lots ($5 Trolley ride round-trip)
San Diego- Baseball is almost back, and the San Diego Padres are getting an early start to the season with a jam-packed FanFest celebration on Saturday, February 4. Fans should travel early and take the Trolley as traffic and parking challenges are anticipated. With a record number of 140,000 tickets already distributed, the Metropolitan System (MTS) is encouraging fans to avoid the hassles of driving by taking advantage of the free parking options at MTS Park & Ride lots and Trolleying directly to Petco Park.
Step-by-Step Transit Guide:
Step 1: Find a Trolley Station “Park & Ride” lot near you.
Visit the MTS Park & Ride page. Some of the largest Park & Ride lots are:
- Old Town Transit Center (Green Line, UC San Diego Blue Line) 412 free spots
- El Cajon Transit Center (Green Line, Orange Line) 469 free spots
- Palm Avenue (UC San Diego Blue Line) 499 free spots
- Balboa Avenue (UC San Diego Blue Line) 289 free spots
Step 2: Buy your fare in advance.
To help expedite the boarding process, fans should download the PRONTO app in advance.
- Virtual fare: Download the PRONTO app to set up your virtual account. Load at least $5 on your virtual card for game day, which covers a round-trip fare for adult riders (every person needs their own PRONTO app or card, you cannot buy fares for multiple people on the same device).
- PRONTO Card: If you have a physical PRONTO card, you can load your card in advance online at ridepronto.com, or at the Trolley ticket machine day-of.
- Kids ride free! Families going to FanFest can save big by taking MTS. On weekends, two children 12 and under ride for free with every paying adult. Youth ages 18 and under with a registered Youth PRONTO card or app account can ride free everyday with the Youth Opportunity Pass.
Step 3: Hop on board any Trolley line to Petco Park.
All three Trolley lines drop off at the doorstep to Petco Park! Frequency on all lines will be every 15 minutes for most of the day pre- and post-event. MTS will have standby operators and trains to increase service and accommodate crowds as needed.
- Stations closest to the Petco Park gates include: 12th & Imperial (all three lines), Gaslamp Quarter (Green Line only) or Park & Market (UC San Diego Blue Line riders traveling south from UTC)
- Make sure to tap your PRONTO card or scan your app before you board.
For more service information about service during Padres games, visit our MTS Padres webpage.
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) operates more than 100 bus routes and three Trolley lines in 10 cities and unincorporated areas of San Diego. MTS is a leader in advancing initiatives to create a greener, cleaner and better-connected transit system in San Diego. Each weekday more than 200,000 passenger trips are taken throughout the MTS system taking people to work, school, health appointments and other essential trips. In FY 2022, MTS served more than 57 million riders. For service schedule updates, news, alerts and more information on how you can use public transportation, go to www.sdmts.com.