Fans are encouraged to take transit to venue to avoid traffic hassles
San Diego – The 20th edition of the MexTour, an annual U.S. based series of exhibition games that feature the Mexican national soccer team, will begin Saturday June, 10 against Cameroon at 6:30 p.m. at Snapdragon Stadium. The game is expected to be a sold-out event, with thousands of fans from San Diego and Tijuana attending to see their favorite players. The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) is encouraging fans to utilize the Trolley to avoid long traffic wait times and parking hassles.
Getting to Snapdragon for Mexico vs Cameroon, game begins at 6:30 p.m.
With capacity crowds expected, the Green Line Trolley will provide fans with direct service to and from the stadium every 15 minutes or better.
- In addition to standard 15-minute service on the Green Line, one additional trip will be operated from 12th & Imperial at 6:51 p.m.
- Green Line: In addition to regular 30-minute service on the Green Line, five shuttles will be available at Stadium Station to provide additional service. The last Trolley to downtown will depart the Stadium Station at 12:37 a.m. MTS will run regularly-scheduled 30-minute service from the Stadium to Santee and SDSU until 10:37 p.m. and 12:07 a.m., respectively, with additional trips as needed.
- UC San Diego Blue and Orange lines: MTS will run standard service (15 minutes pre-game; 15 minutes post-game on Blue Line; 30 minutes post-game on Orange).
Important Game Day Tips:
In order to provide the best fan experience, attendees should follow these transit tips:
- Park & Ride: Fans are encouraged to utilize MTS’ free transit station parking to park their cars and hop on the Trolley. Parking lots are available along all three Trolley lines. Transfers from the Orange and UC San Diego Blue Line Trolleys to the Green Line can be made downtown at 12th & Imperial Transit Center or Santa Fe Depot.
- Get Your Fare Early: To avoid long ticket lines pre-and post-game, fans should download the PRONTO app or use a PRONTO card and load $5 in advance of the game to cover a round-trip Adult fare ($3 for seniors with Senior PRONTO card). Fans must tap or scan their Trolley passes at a station validator before boarding; fares will be checked at the Stadium pre- and post-game.
- Youth Ride Free: All youth 5 years old and under ride free all day any day. No pass required. Kids ages 6-18-year-old can ride MTS free with the Youth Opportunity Pass program (must have a valid Youth PRONTO card or Youth app account).
For additional service information, fans can visit www.sdmts.com.
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) operates more than 100 bus routes and three Trolley lines in 10 cities and unincorporated areas of San Diego. MTS is a leader in advancing initiatives to create a greener, cleaner and better-connected transit system in San Diego. Each weekday more than 220,000 passenger trips are taken throughout the MTS system taking people to work, school, health appointments and other essential trips. In FY 2022, MTS served more than 57 million riders. For service schedule updates, news, alerts and more information on how you can use public transportation, go to www.sdmts.com.