Transit and housing officials broke ground on a new $106 million 250-unit residential development at the Grantville Trolley Station in April 2021. MTS and Greystar Real Estate are partnering on the development, which sits between the new SDSU West site and SDSU main campus. A second, neighboring development is in the works for later this year on another portion of the station property reserved for qualified low-income residents.
Greystar Real Estate will oversee the first development, which is being branded Union Grantville and will include five floors of 250 market-rate and affordable units. The development is estimated to cost $106 million to build and will include apartment amenities such as:
- Indoor-outdoor California style Clubroom with catering kitchen, pool table, TV
- Pool and spa, barbeques, outdoor yoga space, walking and bike areas around the building
- Common-area TV lounges
- Conference/business areas
- Two-level, state-of-the-art fitness center
- Dog spa
- A “Makers do-it yourself” space
- Electric vehicle charging, bike storage, resident storage
- Coffee shop amenity with grab and go convenience vending
- Building-wide Wi-Fi
Affirmed Housing is expected to begin construction on the neighboring development, called ShoreLINE, later this year at a cost of approximately $59 million. These 100% affordable residential rental units will be rented to households earning between 30% and 80% of the Area Median Income. On-site amenities will include a community room, outdoor gardens, an enclosed tot lot/play area for children, outdoor seating, and planters. The community room will be incorporated into the development, providing a computer lab, kitchen, community room for resident activities, and office space for property management.
Check back for more information on this development as the project progresses.