Versión en Español
Are you applying for a free or reduced fare for the first time? You can apply through this website, or go in-person to the MTS Transit Store or NCTD Customer Service location.
Login to your PRONTO account to access the online application form.
REDUCED FARE PRONTO CARD HOLDERS: Riders who received reduced fare eligibility via the MTS website, received a PRONTO card at an outreach event or converted their eligibility status over the phone since July 2021 were given temporary eligibility. As such, those riders are required to provide proof of eligibility to retain their reduced fare status before June 30, 2024. Failure to provide proof of eligibility before the deadline (June 30, 2024) will result in loss of reduced fare status and will default to the Adult fare category.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have an SDM or Youth PRONTO card. How do I check if my reduced fare eligibility status is temporary or verified?
2. Who needs to provide proof of eligibility for a reduced fare?
3. I have a PRONTO Photo ID Card, do I need to provide my proof of eligibility?
4. What do I need to apply for a Reduced Fare Online?
5. How do I apply for an SDM or Youth PRONTO card online?
6. How long does it take to get approved for a reduced fare through the PRONTO Online Application?
7. How do I check the status of my application?
8. Once approved, how long will my reduced fare status be valid?
9. Why are MTS and NCTD requiring verifying eligibility for reduced fare passes?
10. What are the benefits of providing my proof of eligibility for a reduced fare?
11. Applying In-Person or Online: Which is a better fit for me?
12. I’m trying to use the PRONTO Reduced Fare Online Application, but it’s not working. What do I do?