MTS has completed the modernization of the Old Town Transit Center (OTTC) to improve how we serve our customers and to support the Mid-Coast extension of the UC San Diego Blue Line. This project took place over several phases, and required adjustments to bus stop locations and changes to parking availability. We appreciate passengers’ understanding and patience during the project.
Bus routes were reassigned to their permanent locations on September 5, 2021, marking the completion of the project.
Improvements to the OTTC include:
- Reconfiguration of bus bays to support larger, articulated buses
- A new bus island will serves Route 10, shortening travel and transfer times.
- New stops along Pacific Highway add capacity for future services and frequency enhancements, as well as reduce travel time for passengers by reducing circulation through the transit center.
- New and improved lighting, seating and shelters will also be included to improve the passenger experience.
- New electronic visual message signs to relay information to passengers electronically (coming soon).
- Pavement rehabilitation and re-striping, and new traffic signage to improve safety.
- Walkway and bus island fencing to better guide pedestrians and improve safety.
- New landscaping and trees.
- Revised bus entrance driveway for better bus maneuverability and pedestrian flow.
Project Improvement Map